- What is the origin of truck art?
The idea of Truck art original in the late 1970s when European and American tourists took back photographs they have taken of heavily decorated and painted Trucks and buses on the streets of Pakistan. It has evolved as a radiant genre now being very popular.
- What is CHAMAKPATTI?
Chamakpatti is the name of an art-form particularly referred to the shiny colorful sticker sheets we see on buses, trucks and rikshaws in Pakistan. A lot of products are made purely with this sticker art which gives it a cultural and authentic truck art look.
- What is HANDPAINTED?
Hand painting is a process of putting paints on a surface/material. All the design and elements are purely made with using oil or acrylic paints. Its long-lasting and has a pungent smell.
- Are CHAMAKPATTI products washable?
They are not washable. However, they can be cleaned with a damp cloth.
- Are HANDAPINTED products washable?
Yes. Most of them are. All Hand painted items on Silver, steel or ceramic are washable. No Hand painted product on a wooden surface is washable.
- Is CHAMAKPATTI sticker work long lasting?
It definitely is. It is the same art form you see on buses/rikshaws in Pakistan. They go through all kinds of weather and the sticker remains intact. Similarly, all our Chamakpatti items are made for usage with cleaning instructions. They are meant to last a lifetime if used with care.
- What is a CARE INSTRUCTION card?
A care instruction card is sent with all our packages to the customers. It is there to guide our customers about how to use and care for a particular product. It has all the required details.
- If I receive a damaged product? What is the process?
Although we make sure that all our products are bubble wrapped and safely packed but sometimes due to courier mishandling, damage can occur. We have a very open return policy. It is advised to take pictures and videos of the damaged product and share with us. We take quick action based on the damage and you can get a new item in return. The damaged item is not to be thrown but safely packed with you so we can get it picked for claim.
- My product is NOT as I see in the picture, there are some alterations. WHY?
The products are completely handmade. Every product is made from scratch by our skilled team of artisans. Imperfections are part of our process and they make our handmade products even more beautiful. Our teams try our best to maintain same design guidelines but there are chances of minute design/color changes as part of the hand process. A product CANNOT be returned on these minute changes.
- Do you take advance payment for your products?
YES. For some of our products 100% advance payment is required. It however varies from product to product. It mostly applies to high involvement products like Suitcases, Tea Trolley and tables.
It also applies to most customized products especially customization coming from the customers end. The customization can be in color, design, craft and etc. Even a little change asked by a customer results in taking 100% advance payment.
- Are customized products refundable?
Customized products are non-refundable, non-exchangeable. (Unless there is a design/color/name mistake from our end)
- Are Hand painted Shoes refundable? Hand painted shoes are non-refundable, non-exchangeable. (Unless there is a design/color/name mistake from our end)
- Where are your products made?
All our products are produced in Karachi, Pakistan. We are a proud Pakistani company and we ONLY used locally manufactured items and raw material.
- Where is our brand operated from?
- How long does it take for a product to reach me?
Our standard manufacturing time is 10-14 days (mentioned on our website with every product). Shipping time is 3-5 days.
- Why was my order cancelled?
Order cancellations are based on various reasons:
- If the customer tries to cheat the system in any way, our system cancels the order and put the respective customer in fraud.
- If the customer tries to avail a discount on an already LIVE sale.
- If the customer after placing the order does not confirm the order or is unreachable
- If the customer has entered an invalid number and he is unreachable.
- If the customer after confirmation, refuses to receive the parcel.
- If the customer disagrees to any of our policy
- How do I track my order?
After the order is shipped, your tracking number is sent to the given email address. You can track your order through the link in your email.
- What is the standard shipping time?
Usually it takes 3-5 working days for a parcel to reach to other cities from Karachi. All Karachi deliveries are done the very next day. Please note that shipping delays happen due to political, weather related and unseen circumstances which are not in our hands.
- If my parcel is lost, what to do?
If you find out that your order was shipped but is lost by the courier company, you should give them your tracking number and details to locate it. If you are still unsuccessful, you can contact us for further assistance.
- What if during shipping my parcel is received as damaged?
If you receive a damaged product, take pictures and videos of it before filing a complaint. We and the courier company both need proofs to claim the damaged and do a return or refund. Without proper proof, we won’t be in a position to assist.
- How can I return an item I have purchased?
For all returns, you will need to post the item to our given address with your complete name, number and address in your order. The item needs to be carefully packed and should be returned in the perfect condition to claim a refund. If we receive a returned product and its damaged on the transit, it won’t be refunded.
- How soon can I return a product?
7 working days. Post that no returns will be entertained.